Thursday, May 23, 2013

Chuseok Labor Day Ramadan




I didn’t have a tight sleep last night, so I’m a little tired now. 

After our class yesterday, I went back to bed and slept again.

Don’t you know that it is a holiday today? 

It’s Labor Day if I’m not mistaken. 

This is the day for employees. 

However, it is not practised in Korea. 

It could be a nonworking day for some private organizations, but not for public institutions. 

Some students in Korea still go to school today. 

Since there are students, teachers should also go to school to teach. 

There may be some public institutions in Korea that do not function today since it is a holiday.

I’ve heard that this holiday is originated from a communist country that’s why not all countries like Korea do observe this holiday. 

For Korean, this is just a usual working day. 

In Korea, there are only two big holidays that are observed. 

We only celebrate Thanksgiving Day and New Year’s Day.

In Qatar, there aren’t many holidays, too. 

There is only one big holiday that they celebrate here which is called Ramadan. 

In this event, they do not eat anything on daytime.

 They could not eat anything. 

Nonetheless, they could have a heavy meal when the sun sets. 

They spend the whole day worshipping their God. 

They worship their God through kneeling down or bowing facing a specific direction. 

Some people in Saudi Arabia are very devoted to their God. 

When the settled time for praying comes, they have to bow down and pray to their God. 

Whenever they are, they have to spread their small blanket and pray to God. 

Some of them even go to the Mosque and they pray there. 

There is a bell that they play in Qatar. 

This sound signals the citizen that it’s time to bow down and worship their God. 

At first, it was very surprising in my part. 

But, after a couple of months, I am used to it already. 

It doesn’t matter to me anymore. 

I have to respect the way they worship their God especially that I am in their country.

Though all the people in Qatar are Muslim, they still give liberty to other religion to worship their God. 

Just like me, I can worship my God that I recognized. 

~written by ma'am Rebecca^_^


No comments:

Post a Comment