Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Life in Batangas City

"EXPEDIENT"

That's how I describe life here in Batangas City.

Just moved from Baguio City to Batangas City last April 27.

So far, I am not having any problem here, except for the weather.

Air condition should be turned on 24/7.

My first week of stay here was really chaos.

I had to travel an hour everyday just to reach  an internet cafe.

*my work is related to video call*

I had to pay 200php for the fare.

That took me a week, so I spent like 1000php just for the fare.

How about my food allowance?

For a week, I spent 500php for food.

When I noticed that I have only 4000php left in my pocket, I decided to get a small apartment.

Fortunately, I got one.

The rental is reasonable. For a simple room with living room having no appliances but partially furnished, with

own comfort room and kitchen, I am paying 2000php including water and electric bill.

Cheap, isn't it?

And then, I decided to get my own internet connection.

I went to Lipa City which is 30 minutes away from my place through air conditioned van.

I applied for PLDT MyDSL. Thought I could get my own connection, but the agent told me that there is no available line in my place.

Second option is getting a SMART CANOPY.

SMART CANOPY???????????

I don't want to be one of those people spending most of their time posting and complaining about their slow connection.

However, if I don't get my own connection, my job will be affected.

I scrutinized the connection, and demanded for a consistent connection from the agent.

To make the story short, I got my own SMART CANOPY connection now.

So far, I am not having any problem except for 1 minute disconnection everyday.

I always have to unplug the device to retrieve the connection.

I am very satisfied with the speed!

I hope this will be constant though rainy days is about to come.

Well, I don't cook my own food here.

For just 3-5 minutes walk to the NIGHT MARKET, you can buy viands at a very low price.

I am spending like 100php/day for my meal.

A cup of rice costs only 5php.

Isn't it affordable?

Sometimes, I cook rice and I only buy viands.

Hmmmm....

There are unique street food that they sell here.

It was my first time to see it.

I'll take a photo of it and post it here once I get my own DSLR...

I have been wanting to get my own camera since photography is one of my interests...

God Bless us all!

^_^google.comgoogle.com

No comments:

Post a Comment